THE PROBLEM OF SUFFERING
INSTITUTE OF BIBLICAL APOLOGETICS
“Teaching Doctrine, Training Champions”
Dr. Andrew Knight
This course will discuss the problem of suffering and its origins will be considered. How suffering affects the believer and how suffering affects the skeptic will both be addressed. The relationship between suffering and the development of one’s worldview will be analyzed. A contrast between suffering, relative to a theistic worldview, and suffering, relative to naturalistic worldview will be compared. The physical and emotional suffering of our Lord will be considered. The spiritual growth through suffering will be considered along with the eternal life which succeeds suffering.
- Consider how suffering can be reconciled with God, as a Christian or seeker
- Investigate reasons how evil and God can both exist in the Universe
- Learn that God is a good, moral God in-light of a World that has suffering
- Find out how one’s worldview develops while understanding suffering
The purpose of this discussion is to address the suffering of humanity and to give listeners an opportunity to consider suffering from God’s perspective and in the perspective of eternity. Listeners will be challenged to consider how your suffering has a profound influence on others around you. Skeptics will be challenged to reconsider their perspective of suffering relative to a theistic worldview. Listeners will be able to reconsider their own suffering in light of the example that our Lord left us, and listeners can develop their worldview relative to suffering.
- Andrew Knight, Transformational Truth: A Biblical Apologetic, Vol. 2, New Smyrna Beach, FL: Centurion Education Foundation,2020.
- TT2,pp. 65-71.
- Develop a biblical worldview of suffering
- Better understanding of the essence of Christ
- Offer skeptics an opportunity to reevaluate their worldview
- Give listeners a biblical rationale for a theistic worldview
- Video/Audio Lessons: In each module, students will find video lessons covering an overview of Does God Exist? And apologetics reasons to believe in God and answers to share with the unbelieving World. Note that the material in these videos is available separate audio and PowerPoint files for ease of review.
- Textbook Readings: In each module, the student will be assigned reading from the textbook, Transformational Truth, Vol. 2. Complete at least fifty pages of reading from Transformational Truth, to include the assigned reading. The reading, along with the audio lessons, provide the primary material with which the student should be familiar.
- Final Quiz: The course will conclude with a final quiz consisting of true/false and multiple-choice questions covering the content of the assigned reading and the video lectures. This quiz can be retaken as many times as the student wishes. Students are encouraged to treat the quiz as learning activity rather than simply a final exam and to take it as often as necessary to develop a familiarity with the class content.
Dr.firstname.lastname@example.org * www.AndrewKnight.org * 877-411-5300
P.O. Box 87 – New Smyrna Beach, FL 32170